We are always busy here at Scarborough PS: check out some of the things that will be happening before the end of Term 1!
- Running Club: Each Friday morning between 8:10 and 8:40 at Deanmore Square
- Surfing Lessons: Each Wednesday morning from 7:30 at Trigg Beach
- Little Athletics: Each Thursday afternoon from 3:30 on the school oval
- Taiko Drumming incursion: Monday 22 March for P-6 students
- Swim Carnival: Friday 26 March for Year 3-6 students
- Messy Play Afternoon: Pre Primary students Friday 26 March
- 3 Way conferences with class teachers from Thursday 25 March.
Make sure you look out for more information on these events from your class teachers, in the fortnightly newsletter and on our Instagram and Facebook pages!
Scarborough Primary School, established in 1934, is proud of its heritage as the very first school in Scarborough and the learning environment it provides that will equip our students with skills and abilities for their future in an ever changing world.
The staff at Scarborough Primary School are enthusiastic, experienced and dedicated to the students’ learning. We have close links with neighbouring schools, sharing professional knowledge and practice in order to provide students with a relevant and motivating learning experience. Our strong focus on literacy and numeracy is integrated throughout the curriculum and the Australian Curriculum is fully incorporated into these areas.
Our focus continues to be on literacy, numeracy and values which is addressed through a collaborative problem solving approach and the explicit teaching of social skills such as resilience, persistence and confidence.
School Commences: 8.50am
Morning Recess: 10.50am- 11.10am
Lunch: 1.10pm – 1.50pm
School Dismissed: 3.00pm
8.00am – 3.30pm, Monday to Friday
Smart Phone App
Download the Scarborough PS smart phone app. Search for the free ‘Skoolbag’ app in the Apple App or Google Play Store.