Please read below for some start of year important dates and information.
As you will be aware, we are waiting for further information around what the start of the year will look like in schools across WA, and I will continue to update you as soon as a detailed plan is at hand. However, please see below for some things that are in place at the moment.
- The School Office is open from Monday 24 January (closed Wednesday 26 January for Australia Day)
- Class lists will be available from lunch time on Friday – another post will be sent once they are up with details of where and when. Please respect the privacy of our families and do do photograph these lists to post on any social media groups.
- Students start back on Monday January 31.
- At this stage, there are no restrictions to parents coming onto the school site or into classrooms. No proof of vaccination is required for adults at school drop off or pick up, however masks are required to be worn by adults inside school buildings and classrooms at all times.
- If you, or any families that you are aware of have been affected by the extended border closures and will not be able to attend from the start of term, could you please let the school office know.
Please look out for more posts that are made through the Skoolbag App over the next few days as we endeavour to keep you updated.
We are ready to embrace the adventures ahead this year and sharing it with our wonderful community!
Scarborough Primary School, established in 1934, is proud of its heritage as the very first school in Scarborough and the learning environment it provides that will equip our students with skills and abilities for their future in an ever changing world.
The staff at Scarborough Primary School are enthusiastic, experienced and dedicated to the students’ learning. We have close links with neighbouring schools, sharing professional knowledge and practice in order to provide students with a relevant and motivating learning experience. Our strong focus on literacy and numeracy is integrated throughout the curriculum and the Australian Curriculum is fully incorporated into these areas.
Our focus continues to be on literacy, numeracy and values which is addressed through a collaborative problem solving approach and the explicit teaching of social skills such as resilience, persistence and confidence.
School Commences: 8.50am
Morning Recess: 10.50am- 11.10am
Lunch: 1.10pm – 1.50pm
School Dismissed: 3.00pm
8.00am – 3.30pm, Monday to Friday
Smart Phone App
Download the Scarborough PS smart phone app. Search for the free ‘Skoolbag’ app in the Apple App or Google Play Store.