Looking for work or a career change?
Can you see yourself working in a school?
Schools are regularly hiring people for the following roles:
- Gardener, cleaner, administration, management, canteen or as education assistants.
Starting in July 2019, North Metropolitan TAFE are running a one semester course on the skills required to be a successful candidate for employment in a school. The course aids in preparation for entry into gardening, cleaning, administration, management, canteen and education assistant work.
We have had huge success supporting people to find work and the chances of gaining employment are strong. This course is suitable for existing gardeners, cleaners, administrators etc., and people looking to change career or people looking for work.
The course includes:
- Training in skills specific to the role you are interested in e.g. gardening, cleaning and IT skills
- Work experience in a school or other organisation
- Help and support to find work
- Help accessing further training as required e.g. Certificate III in Education Support
- Development of your job application cover letter, resume and help with selection criteria
- Strong work ethic
- Good oral and written communication
- Must be able to read procedures, safety sheets and chemical bottles
- Successful completion of an entry interview
- Working With Children Check and a Police Clearance
- 3 days per week – Starts Tuesday 23rd July finishes Friday 13th December (20 weeks)
- Days – Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:15 until 2:45
- Cost – Approximately $180 (total course fee for full 20 weeks)
- Location – based in Leederville and on site
If you would be interested in this course then please email:
Disclaimer: North Metropolitan TAFE does not guarantee work after completing this course. This course supports you to find work. The course is run by North Metropolitan TAFE (RTO code: 52786) and is not endorsed by any authority or government department.