Our School Chaplain provides our students, parents and staff with one-on-one support where required and also offers a number of valuable programs to both students and staff. The Chaplain works with students, parents and teachers to assist in meeting the needs that arise in their daily lives. Life is not always easy. But knowing there is someone there just for you, to talk to, to listen, to encourage and to walk with you can be very comforting.
This is a pastoral care program only and does not have a religious focus. Access to the program is through self, parent, or teacher referral. The Chaplain is available as a support to both students and parents and is at the school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Please feel free to call in to school or ring the Chaplain if you would like to have a chat.
What does a Chaplain Do?
The role of a Chaplain is to care. They are there for the child when he/she needs someone to listen to them.
A Chaplain can:
• Listen to a child when they want to talk
• Provide Pastoral Care (encouragement and support)
• Run support groups/short courses (e.g. anger management, grief support)
• Help sort out a problem or issue with a child when they are disruptive or not coping in class
• Refer a child to other professionals
• Support teachers in class, helping out as needed
• Listen to and help with student’s concerns
• Be available to talk with parents when they have concerns about their children